Thursday, July 20, 2006

July 20 - "No Strings" Again

Who would’ve thought that a simple lunch at the MetroCourt would lead Robin and I back together? Not together, together, but back to some semblance of a “no strings” relationship and some amazing sex. We decided to take each day as it comes with out any expectations. Hopefully, we’re a little bit wiser and we won’t let our involvement in other people’s stuff get in our way.

I didn’t realize how much I missed Robin until I listened to her go on about why our lunch was a waste of time. She overanalyzes everything. I still miss her and here I can admit that I miss more than the sex. The constant fighting and ignoring each other was taking its toll on everyone. While I miss her, I can’t get emotionally involved with her and I don’t want her hurt because of me. She says she only wants to make whatever this is we have work and I think I can do that, but I can’t give her more. I watched my father fall apart when my mother died and I can’t let that happen to me. My father has been miserable and I can’t imagine how the love he had for my mother was worth the pain he’s been in since she’s been gone. Even if dad does think it’s better to be loved by an amazing woman, I won’t go through that.

1 Comments:

Blogger B Kizer said...

Great Job! Love reading "Patrick's" thoughts. Please keep them coming!

7/20/2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home