Thursday, October 19, 2006

October 18 – Glad to be Home

It was great to be back in Port Charles and at General Hospital. I had no idea I would miss the small town life so much. I was especially glad to see Dr. Scorpio . . . and from the reception I got when I surprised her at the hospital, she was glad to see me. But then again, how could she not be? I am Patrick Drake. Soon after I got back and said, “Hello” to Robin, Epiphany made a big deal of scolding us for not taking “it” to a supply closet. She could have just admitted that she missed me. I mean it was obvious.

Robert and I may be more alike than I’d like to acknowledge. He and I got Robin the exact same bracelet for her birthday. How is that possible? I’m nothing like her dad. Well, he is relatively cool and he is pretty confident, but that’s where the similarities end.

Apparently, my reputation has preceded me and word has gotten around that I’m a surgeon who’s sympathetic to AIDS/HIV patients. I treated a migraine today . . . A MIGRAINE. I’m a neurosurgeon and I really don’t have time for that, but the guy was HIV+ and he just needed someone who wasn’t afraid of him. I understand that better now and I want to make sure no one is turned away from getting the help they need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home