Tuesday, September 19, 2006

September 19 – False Hope

I knew we wouldn’t be able to agree about medical treatment for long. Robin pulled me into a case, where I can do nothing but disagree. Laura Spencer shut down years ago due to the stress around killing her father. I’ve done the diagnostic tests and I believe that Robin is raising false hope for Luke. Laura is totally unresponsive and while I know Robin is brilliant, she’s wrong. This drug therapy could cause more problems than it solves.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick, I think it's great that you and Robin are working together on this case and might be able to help Laura. I realize that you both have different opinions on her condition and what to do, but as always even though you disagree, I know that you respect each other's points of view and will work with each other for the best care possible for Laura.

9/20/2006 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick, if given the chance, would you risk it all to have 5 more minutes with your mother? 5 more days? 5 more months? 5 more years? I know it would be heartbreaking to her family to have to lose her all over again, but think about it. Wouldn't you take the chance?

9/21/2006 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home