Friday, September 29, 2006

September 29 – Tender Loving Care

Who would have thought my being sick would have turned into me getting to stay in an apartment full of half-naked women? Well, not all of them were half naked, but enough. And then, they all wanted to take care of me. Robin took care of that, by sending Kelly and Lainey to work. She was jealous. I love that. She wanted me all to herself. I wasn’t completely sure I’d like her living with them, but I can’t really complain right now. If I had known I’d get all this care and pampering, I would have moved into Casa de Cute Girls weeks ago.

This is the first time in a long time that I’ve let a woman take care of me. The last time was when I was 11 and had the mumps. My mom was great. Robin reminds me a lot of her. She has no idea how incredible she is. Like mom, Robin’s beautiful and let’s me tease her. She doesn’t let me get away with anything. She’s strong and takes care of the people she cares about. It felt good to share a memory of mom with Robin. She still doesn’t take compliments well, but I’ll keep working on that.

It was a good moment – Robin and I just enjoying being with each other and then it happened. The phone rang. All I could think was that my life as about to change forever and I couldn’t let Robin answer. I wasn’t ready to give up that moment with Robin. I was a coward and I hate that. But, I wasn’t ready to face what could be the biggest change of my life, so Robin and I laid there on the couch for a while and then I took a shower and got dressed.

Finally, I made the call and got the best news ever – I’m still HIV negative. What a relief? There’s another test in six months, but Robin says we take each one as it comes. So, since I’m not longer contagious, we celebrated. Boy, does Dr. Scorpio know how to celebrate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let Robin know this. I'm sounding like April here, but she needs to know what you're feeling right now. The word starts with an "L"

10/05/2006 2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home