Friday, October 20, 2006

October 20 – Getting Flak

I can’t believe my father and Robin are giving me a hard time for operating on AIDS/HIV+ patients. You’d think both of them would be thanking me for doing the right thing. After all, it is my job. I’m a doctor and that’s what I do. I save lives, whether they have AIDS or not. We don’t discriminate against patients.

You’d think I was jumping off rooftops in hopes I’d bounce with all the fuss they’re making. Yes, I thrive off a challenge, but I don’t have a death wish and I’m not taking unnecessary risks. We take proper precautions in the OR every time we step through those doors and I’m always careful. I’m not a danger junkie. I’m just confident in my abilities and I’m still the best surgeon in this hospital. They both need to remember that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home