Monday, November 13, 2006

November 13 – Making Friends

An old college buddy of mine, Peter Marquez, is now a professor at Port Charles University and I wanted to meet Robin. After all, he was instrumental in my moving here and therefore instrumental in my getting to know Robin better. I just thought it was about time for him to meet her, since I’ve finally admitted I’m in love with her. Anyway, I invited him out for a drink at Jake’s, where after I told him I’d fallen in love with Robin, he proceeded to try “saving” me . . . from myself. What he doesn’t understand is that I don’t need saving. Being in love is better than I ever imagined it could be.

When Robin arrived, Pete was trying to talk me into a trip to Las Vegas to “clear my head”. The two were introduced and from then on it was like a tennis match, each of them volleying. While I played referee, the two of them went at it. At one point, Robin said something about love and passion not lasting. I guess that’s one thing I have to disagree on, because I’ve seen love last. I watched my father and mother and even now I know that my father still loves her. It’s also as clear as day that Robert Scorpio still has feelings for Anna. So, while things may happen to relationships, the love doesn’t necessarily end. Robin sounded pretty convinced, but instead of starting another debate with her, I’ll just have to show her different.

As the debate on love continued, I tried changing the subject to something “fun” like a root canal or a hangover. Didn’t work. Before I knew it, Robin was quoting Lincoln’s eulogy and Pete was quoting himself. It was ridiculous. After he left, I asked Robin if I was as bad as Pete when we first met and she said I was worse. I think she may be exaggerating. She’s done that before.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's sweet that you wanted Robin to meet one of your friends. Hopefully Pete will meet someone and change his veiws on love like Robin changed yours. =)

11/14/2006 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home