Tuesday, December 05, 2006

December 5 – In Pain

I’m not sure this is what I signed up for. Robin is on a tare and taking it out on everyone around her. She’s attacking me at every turn and I almost think she’s looking for a fight. I’m not planning on giving her one. I’m trying to be a supportive boyfriend, but what do I get? That I’m throwing her shortcomings in her face. Give me a break. I’m just trying to make Robin see that she’s human and what happened to Laura and her family is not her fault.

When I finally told Robin I loved her, I thought of what my parents were like when I was a kid. It never occurred to me what that must have cost them. Robin is in so much pain and grief right now and she’s on the defense. It’s what she does when she’s trying to protect herself. Everything in me wants to help her. I guess this is what love is, wanting to help someone even when they’re trying to push you away. Robin had the nerve to basically tell me to leave her alone – as if that’s going to happen. She’s fighting me all the way, but I won’t let her handle this alone, no matter what she says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home