Saturday, September 02, 2006

September 1 – Being Accepted

My whole career I’ve strived to be the best surgeon possible. Who knew that wouldn’t be enough for some people. Since I was exposed to end-stage AIDS, some patients have decided that my life-saving skills aren’t worth them taking the miniscule risk of contracting HIV. That’s a hard pill to take. I am still dealing with the idea that I could infect someone else, even though I’ve tested negative for the virus. It is times like this that I understand why Robin chose not to become a surgeon. But, my surgical skills are never in question. I’m still the best surgeon General Hospital has on staff. I’m glad Alexis realizes that. Like I told her and Sam, she won’t die on the table. Some people might call me arrogant for saying that, but I only speak the truth. I’ll do whatever I have to do to save my patient. That’s just who I am.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paddy, glad to see you are still confident. No your HIV status which is still unknown has not shaken your ego. I'm glad to hear that. I'm very fond of Alexis but I do agree she's in very capable hands.

9/03/2006 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus, Robin called you "brilliant" to your face...(grin).

9/04/2006 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ypu are a good surgeon and you have become a better person and a more caring doctor.What happened to you was tough but, I believe you will be ok and also I think it has shown you Robins world and the HIV world that people live with everyday.Dont be embrassed to call yourself the best be embarassed if you forget to care.

9/25/2006 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home