Monday, December 11, 2006

December 11 – Drinking at Jakes

What was I thinking? Oh that’s right, I wasn’t thinking. After that talk with my dad, all I knew was that I had to find Robin. I knew Robin was drowning in guilt, but I hadn’t thought about the fear of going on. So what do I do? I go and find her. What’s she doing? Drinking . . . at Jake’s. When I saw her taking that shot all I could do was see my dad – drowning his sorrows because he lost my mother and I couldn’t let Robin sink any lower into herself. I had to get her out of there. But she with her inhibitions lowered resisted me. All I was trying to do was get my girl and go home. She could sober up and we could talk. That would have been too easy.

Instead, Coleman steps in like I’d actually hurt Robin. One thing leads to another and the next thing I know I’m in x-ray with a broken hand. Robin was obviously still somewhat drunk because there she was reciting my resume’ to the x-ray tech as if she cared. And if all that wasn’t bad enough, my dad was on call at the hospital. The humiliation just kept on coming. Dad basically called me a moron for trying to “impress the babe”, which Robin definitely is despite what she says. What he didn’t get was that I wasn’t trying to impress her or defend her honor, I was protecting her.

The worst part of all this is that I can’t operate for a while. But there may be a bright side – Robin offered to take care of me. She’ll have to help me dress and all sorts of other things. There could be a benefit to all this. One thing I’m definitely glad about – voice recognition software. Who knew it would come in so handy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home