Friday, July 27, 2007

July 27, 2007 – Dad in a Different Light

I don’t even know how to begin. All I can think is that I have my dad – the man who raised me – back. He’s more relaxed and confident. He’s laughing and flirting. I don’t know what he did to the moody, uptight, cantankerous man who took up residence in my dad’s body for the past 12 years. It’s amazing what a little rock music and an international spy can do in a few short weeks.

I still worry about him taking a drink, but Anna Devane has him well in hand; maybe a little too much so for my and Robin’s comfort. I mean, I love my dad. I want him to be happy and live his life, but I’m not sure I’m really ready to see him dating or . . . anything else. And possibly with Robin’s mom? While they are consenting adults, that would be just a little weird. Robin is freaking out and the more she talks about the two of them the more she forces me to think about it. I don’t want to. I’m sure Anna and dad are just spending a lot of time together to make this concert a success, though . . . my dad is trying to impress Anna. What does that mean? I’m afraid we’ll find out soon enough. It can’t be that bad, can it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ricksangel1968 said...

Nah not a bad thing at all. Dad needs a little love too you know. Why would you want him to be anything but happy? Robin and you can deal if Mom and Dad find love.

8/01/2007 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home