Thursday, August 17, 2006

August 17 – Like Mother, Like Daughter

Every conversation I have had in the last few days has found its way to the topic of Dr. Robin Scorpio.

I stopped by Sonny’s to thank him for his help with April and I was surprised. For a mobster, he appears to be a pretty decent guy. It didn’t take more than ten minutes before our conversation turned to Robin and Stone. It appears that Sonny was close to both of them and he gave me a little more insight into Robin and the pain she carries. He also informed me that Stone’s birthday is coming up. I’ll have to keep my eye on Robin, because I know my incident and April and the whole HIV/AIDS thing is hard on her right now. I can’t imagine how much harder Stone’s birthday will be.

As if my convo with Sonny wasn’t enough, I was summoned to meet the infamous Anna Devane at Kelly’s. I figured it had to be about Robin. After all Ms. Devane . . . Anna didn’t have any other reason to want to talk to me. I’ve heard so much about her from Robin that I looked forward to officially meeting her. She actually called me charming. She also made mention of what she probably considers some negative traits that I think Robin might agree that I share with Robert Scorpio. I don’t get why the women can’t see that we’re not arrogant, we’re confident. As for being self-centered and narcissistic, I am a little selfish, but I think I’m doing okay and I’m not a womanizer . . . at the moment.

Having seen Anna before, I knew where Robin got her beauty. After that Maarkham Islands fiasco, I thought Robin got her intelligence, straightforwardness and flair for adventure from her father. But now after actually talking to Anna Devane, I see that Robin shares many of her traits. In fact, except for the spy thing and the accent, Robin is her mother. I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home