Monday, January 01, 2007

January 1 – The Holidays

This year, the holidays were better than I thought they’d be. Christmas was the best one since I lost my mother. Robin and I worked Christmas Eve and helped out at the hospital Christmas party. Then, I spent the rest of the Christmas holiday with Robin decorating a Christmas tree and snuggling in front of the finished product.

New Year’s Eve. I had all intentions of going to the New Year’s Eve party at the Metro Court and then getting a room at the hotel, because my new empty apartment hates me. I couldn’t find anything in my suitcases. It was ridiculous. But then Robin came through. She got some of her furniture out of storage and brought an air mattress. We spent the rest of the evening enjoying the quiet and each other. I don’t know if there’s a better way to ring in the New Year. We’ll just have to see next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Oh, Patrick! I am so happy you and Robin spent your first Christmas and New Years, alone, with each other. How romantic! You guys are so beautiful together! Here's hoping to many more Christmas' and New Years together with Robin.

1/01/2007 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home