Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 10 – Shopping and Attempted Murder

One minute Robin is trying to lure me out of the hospital to go shopping for a sofa and the next Lorenzo Alcazar is being brought in with a gun shot wound to the head. To say the least, it’s been a busy couple of days.

Robin has been driving me crazy about furnishing an apartment that I never wanted. Now she’s talking about the fact that I have to “experience” the sofa and something about the “seven points of comfort.” If I’m looking for points of comfort, I’ll be looking in other places than on a sofa – on Robin namely. And the fact that she appears to want to add all these personal touches to “my” apartment kinda freaks me out. I’m not sure what she’s looking for or that I can give it to her.

Enough about my apartment issues, on to work. Lorenzo Alcazar was brought in unconscious with bullet fragments in his brain. Alan wanted to relieve the pressure in his brain and go back in later to remove the fragments. That would almost guarantee that he’s have some brain damage. I convinced Skye, with Robin’s help, that Lorenzo’s best chance of a full recovery was to have surgery immediately to relieve the pressure and remove the fragments. The surgery was a success, but then Mr. Alcazar went in to cardiac arrest, which isn’t normal for this type of surgery. Later, we found what looked like condensation in his IV. We think someone might still be trying to kill him. Before Robin agreed with me on that, I thought she believed I botched the surgery. She didn’t and I apologized for jumping to conclusions.

She started talking about us getting closer personally and I’d think that’s a good thing, but that’s leads into her suggesting that we not work so closely together. Explain that logic to me. I respect her work and her consultation on cases is invaluable. So, how is that a disservice to our patients and our careers? We keep each other honest and call each other on our crap. I’d say that’s reason enough for us to continue working together, but who am I? I’m just the guy in this “relationship”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home